- Africa Travel Week 2024 scheduled from 07 – 12 April 2024 in the City of Cape Town
- Landmark 10-year anniversary WTM Africa programme includes new partnerships, value-add business-building opportunities, & interactive networking
- Registration includes access to several bolt-on events, awards ceremonies, content workshops, social events, product launches, exhibitor activations & live performances
Cape Town – Marking a decade of top B2B travel events, Africa Travel Week has revealed a packed schedule for its 2024 milestone edition of WTM Africa. Running from 07-12 April in Cape Town, the newly-announced programme spotlights real business-building opportunities.
“The tourism landscape in 2024 is characterised by growth and optimism, setting the tone for Africa Travel Week. It’s a big year for our industry, and a significant milestone in our legacy,” says Megan De Jager, Portfolio Director – Travel, Tourism at RX Africa.
Between 2014 and 2023, WTM Africa has experienced a total of 34 731 industry professionals in attendance. In that same timeframe, buyer numbers have seen a steady increase year on year to match the increase in exhibitors. In 2023, exhibitor numbers saw a major leap to 577 from 384 in 2022 – a figure De Jager and her team are looking to top this year.
This year’s line-up features some familiar favourites, including speed networking and the Responsible Tourism Awards, in addition to a range of inaugural events and new opportunities for business expansion. De Jager highlights the following ten not to be missed:
- Festival-style celebrations, with everything from wine tastings, live performances, product launches and immersive experiences.
- The introduction of Brain Box, an interactive workshop space for industry players to engage in meaningful discussions with global professionals.
- The Sustainability Village– a walk-through hub bringing together artisans, crafters, and thought leaders to highlight responsible tourism in action.
- Live performance celebrations honouring Africa Travel Week’s long-standing and loyal partnership with the City of Cape Town.
- A new partnership with Tourism Investment Forum Africa (TIFA), running alongside WTM Africa from 10 – 12 April. This well-established platform actively positions African destinations as attractive investment locations.
- Now an esteemed Global Travel Hall of Fame Academy inductee, Harold Goodwin returns as Keynote speaker for the Responsible Tourism Conference and Awards ceremony. The multi-talented Mandisa Magwaxaza is also confirmed as the official MC.
- Africa Travel Week’s renewed alliance with IGLTA Foundation, a key partner for EQUAL Africa, which brings together travel suppliers and buyers targeting the LGBTQ+ community.
- The launch of a dedicated Chinese buyer programme and content sessions exploring the full potential of this valuable client segment, which is also the world’s largest tourism source market.
- IBTM World presenting their annual report as an added value to IBTM Africa’s content programme and Africa’s business travel sector.
- Official winners of the inaugural Africa Travel Week Media Awards to be announced and celebrated at WTM Africa.
Reinforcing the collaborative spirit propelling the show forward, De Jager highlights WTM Africa’s official partners: Recycled Flip Flop Sculptures Studio (RFFSS) Southern Sun, Lift Airlines, and Gold Restaurant, the official venue for a hosted buyers networking event.
“As part of Africa Travel Week, interest and enthusiasm for WTM Africa remains unwavering and we are dedicated to ensuring that it lives up to its prominent reputation. Our mission continues to deliver an exceptional experience and high-value opportunities resulting in a tangible return on investment long after the show has ended,” De Jager concludes.
To attend WTM Africa 2024 and bolt-on events visit: https://www.wtm.com/africa/en-gb.html
Issued by: Big Ambitions
Contact: Sonnette Fourie
Tel: +27 81 072 2869
World Travel Market (WTM) Portfolio comprises leading travel events and online portals across four continents. The events are Arabian Travel Market, WTM London, WTM Latin America and WTM Africa.
WTM London is the world’s most influential travel & tourism event for the global travel community. The show is the ultimate destination for those seeking a macro view of the travel industry and a deeper understanding of the forces shaping it. WTM London is where influential travel leaders, buyers and high-profile travel companies gather to exchange ideas, drive innovation, and accelerate business outcomes.
Next live event: 5 to 7 November 2024 at ExCel London
Arabian Travel Market (ATM), now on its 31st year, is the leading, international travel and tourism event in the Middle East for inbound and outbound tourism professionals. ATM 2023 welcomed over 40,000 attendees and hosted over 30,000 visitors, including more than 2,100 exhibitors and representatives from over 150 countries, across 10 halls at Dubai World Trade Centre. Arabian Travel Market is part of Arabian Travel Week. #ATMDubai
Next in-person event: 6 to 9 May 2024, Dubai World Trade Centre, Dubai
Arabian Travel Week is a festival of events taking place from 6 to 12 May, within and alongside Arabian Travel Market 2024. Providing a renewed focus for the Middle East’s travel and tourism sector, it includes Influencers’ events, GBTA Business Travel Forums, as well as ATM Travel Tech. It also features the ATM Buyer Forums, as well as a series of country forums.
WTM Latin America takes place annually in the city of São Paulo and attracts around 20,000 tourism professionals during the three-day event. The event offers qualified content together with networking and business opportunities. In this its ninth edition – there have been eight face-to-face events along with a 100% virtual one, which was held in 2021 – WTM Latin America continued to focus on effective business generation, and achieved the advance booking of six thousand meetings that were held between buyers, travel agents and exhibitors in 2022.
Next event: 15 to 17 April 2024 – Expo Center Norte, SP, Brazil
WTM Africa launched in 2014 in Cape Town, South Africa. In 2022, WTM Africa facilitated more than 7 thousand unique pre-scheduled appointments, an increase of more than 7% compared to 2019 and welcomed more than 6 thousand visitors (unaudited), the same number as in 2019.
Next event: 10 to 12 April 2024 – Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town http://africa.wtm.com/
About ATW Connect: Africa Travel Week’s digital arm, is a virtual hub packed to the seams with interesting content, industry news and insights, and the opportunity to hear from experts on a variety of topics in our new monthly webinar series. All with the aim to keep all of us in the travel and tourism industry connected. ATW Connect focuses on inbound and outbound markets for general leisure tourism, luxury travel, LGBTQ+ travel and the MICE/business travel sector as well as travel technology.
WTM Global Hub, is the WTM Portfolio online portal created to connect and support travel industry professionals around the world. The resource hub offers the latest guidance and knowledge to help exhibitors, buyers and others in the travel industry face the challenges of the global coronavirus pandemic. WTM Portfolio is tapping into its global network of experts to create content for the hub. https://hub.wtm.com/
About RX (Reed Exhibitions)
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face to face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at approximately 400 events in 22 countries across 42 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. RELX serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs more than 35,000 people over 40% of whom are in North America. The shares of RELX PLC, the parent company, are traded on the London, Amsterdam and New York Stock Exchanges using the following ticker symbols: London: REL; Amsterdam: REN; New York: RELX.
*Note: Current market capitalisation can be found at http://www.relx.com/investors